Skip to main content
Hydrology & Water Resources
- National Geologic Map Database (USGS)
Search by place name and limit by "water."
- Publications Warehouse (USGS)
"Advanced Search" allows for search by series, while "Contents" shows items online by series.
- SAGE (CSU Library)
Identifies maps owned by the library. Ask for assistance at the Information Desk if you can't identify a map in the collection.
- Map Resources: Geology (CSU Library)
Hydrology and water maps represent a subset of a more thorough listing at this site.
- Guide to USGS Publications. Z6034 .U49G943 Reference
Thie current volumn is shelved in the Reference Collection. Earlier editions are in MAPS. This publication provides listings of important series to 1998.
USGS "Packet" Maps:
- Hydrologic Investigations. I19.89: Map
A wide range of hydrologic data and maps of regional and national interest.
- State Hydrologic Unit Maps. I19.89/2: Map
Each map covers an entire state and shows hydrologic units and major streams.
Other Important USGS Water Series:
- Water Resources Investigations. I19.42/4: Doc
Separate maps are sometimes a component of this series, which deals with local hydrologic information.
- Water Supply Paper I19.13: Doc
Separate maps are sometimes a component of this series, which deals with all aspects of hydrology.
- Ground Water Atlas of Colorado. QE91 .A24 #53 Atlas Case
This publication of the Colorado Geological Survey is an overview, with maps, text, and references.
- Ground Water Atlas of the United States (USGS)
Maps, text, and references arranged by state and region and especially useful for aquifers.
- Ground Water Atlas of the United States. I19.89:HA-730 Map
This is the print set of the item listed just above.
- Atlas of Ground Water Quality in Colorado (Colorado Geological Survey Map Series #16)
G4311 .C5 SVAR C64a #16 Map
A series of maps and accompanying references published in 1980.