The application period for OARS funding for 2014-2015 academic year closed on May 31.
If you would like to be notified if the program begins accepting applications again,
please fill out this form:
The Colorado State University Libraries, under the guidance of the CSU Faculty Council Committee on Libraries, has allocated $45,000 to support the Open Access Research & Scholarship (OARS) Fund for the 2014-2015 academic year.
The goals of the OARS fund are to:
- Support CSU authors in choosing an open access venue for their work that supports their needs.
- Reduce total costs for publishing in open access (OA) journals.
- Encourage submission and reduce barriers to open access publishing as a scholarly communications option.
- Collect data that can be used to measure effectiveness and fiscal impacts of new models of support for faculty research.
CSU faculty authors may receive up to $2,000 to support processing fees for 1 article during the 2014-2015 academic year. Funding is available on a first come, first served basis with 2 funding cycles:
- July 15-December 31, 2014 - applications and reservations for articles published after May 15, 2014 will be accepted until the allocated OARS funds are committed
- January 1-May 31, 2015 applications and reservations for articles published after November 1, 2014 will be accepted until the allocated OARS funds are committed