Scifinder Web Edition
SciFinder access is restricted to current
Colorado State University faculty staff and students.
Accounts that are not associated with a current CSU affiliate will be deleted.
Registration is required for first time users.
NOTE: CSU's SciFinder subscription may NOT be used for patentability research or
for commercial research that is performed under a funding or consultant contract with the intention of delivering results to a for-profit organization.
For details about obtaining SciFinder for commercial research, please contact:
Josh Michaels, CAS Account Representative
Phone: 1-800-848-6538 x3957 email@example.com
Register for SciFinder Web Edition (Required for first-time users)
ALL first-time users of the SciFinder Web Edition must register and create a user name and password before accessing the database. Registration is restricted to current Colorado State University faculty staff and students and requires:
- a valid colostate.edu e-mail address
Example: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, etc.
- a Colorado State University eID
The eID system is Colorado State University's official electronic ID system. More information about CSU’s eID system, including details about who qualifies for an eID, can be found at: https://eid.colostate.edu/
- Users must have a CSU on-campus IP address to register or be logged into the CSU campus VPN. This is a SciFinder requirement that was recently implemented due to problems with unauthorized users accessing SciFinder. 05/08/2009
Once you have registered for SciFinder, you will receive an e-mail message that includes a link and instructions for completing the registration process. You must use the link within 48 hours or you will need to re-register. Users must agree not to use SciFinder for commercial research.
By clicking on the registration link below, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
Scifinder® is for Educational use ONLY.
Commercial use of your Colorado State University SciFinder account is strictly prohibited.
By registering for SciFinder, you agree to the terms below:
- I am a current faculty, staff member, or officially registered student of Colorado State University.
- I will use SciFinder ONLY for my own academic research.
- I will not use SciFinder for commercial research or for organizations other than Colorado State University.
- I will not share my unique username and password with any other individual.
- I will not use an automated script.
- I may store no more than 5,000 records in electronic form at any one time.
- I will NOT use SciFinder for commercial research that is performed under a funding or consultant contract with the intention of delivering results to a for-profit organization, or patentability research.
- Colorado State University's SciFinder License and the CAS Information Use Policies (http://www.cas.org/legal/infopolicy.html) apply to my use of SciFinder.
- I will contact Michelle Wilde, Physical Sciences Librarian, if I have questions.
Violations of these terms may result in Colorado State University losing SciFinder access.
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1019