World History Introduction
This is only a partial list of the resources that are available at Morgan Library, so it is really important to ask for help if you are not finding what you need. Ask at the Help Desk if you need additional help. The World Wide Web resources fall under the Libraries' and University's Disclaimers.
Encyclopedias can be a great place to start your research, get an overview of your topic, or help you narrow your area of focus. Morgan Library has a number of encyclopedia sets that may be useful to you as you begin your research. Encyclopedias are located in the Reference collection, so they may not be checked out. General encyclopedias can also be extremely useful.
- Collins Australian Encyclopedia DU90 .C64 1984Reference
- Encyclopedia Iranica DS253 .E53 1985 Reference
- Encyclopedia of Africa South of the Sahara. DT351 .E53 1997 Reference
- Encyclopedia of Indians of the Americas E54.5 .E52 Reference
- Information China DS706 .I5 1989 Reference
- Kodansha Encyclopedia of Japan DS805 .K633 1983 Reference
- The Modern Encyclopedia of Russian And Soviet History DK 14 M6 Reference
Other Reference Books
- Worldmark Chronology of the Nations D11 .W93 1999 Reference
Organized by continent, this set gives chronologies of individual countries.
- Chronicle of the World D11 .C56 1996 Reference
Chronology of major world events.
- Chronology of European History: 15,000 B.C. to 1997 D11 .C57 1997 Reference
- Chronology of World History D11 .M39 1999 Reference
These pages have multiple links to resources on the Web.
Internet Medieval Sourcebook
Internet African History Sourcebook
Internet East Asian History Sourcebook
Internet Modern History Sourcebook
Byzantine & Medieval Links Index
Africa: South of the Sahara
Asia History and Cultural Guide.. The History Beat...
EuroDocs: Primary Historical Documents From Western Europe: Selected Transcriptions, Facsimiles and Translations
Native American Nations
Morocco's home page
History of Egypt
Kamakura Period (1185 - 1333).
Muromachi Period (1333 - 1573).
Eurodocs, Primary Historical Documents (primary sources)
Indonesia WWW Virtual Library: Society and Culture. Edited by: Dr T. Matthew Ciolek. Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies, at the Australian National University.
Colorado State University
1019 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1019