Naomi Lederer--Current Position & Education
- Professor, College Liaison Librarian (Reference)
- Liaison to English, History, Art, Interdisciplinary Liberal Arts, and Design & Merchandising
- Government Information Depository Librarian
- Technical Report Archive & Image Library (TRAIL) contact for CSU Libraries
- Select titles for Current Awareness (paperback collection)
- Master Teacher Initiative (TILT) Coordinator for the Libraries, July 2016-June 2018
- 2015 team & 2017, 2018 and 2020 Money Smart Week coordinator for CSU Libraries (member of 2014 & 2016 teams)
- Morgan Library, Colorado State University, 1019 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins CO 80523-1019
- (970) 491-0593
- ORCID ID: 0000-0002-8142-0669
- Scopus ID: 17434559400
Ideas for Librarians Who Teach: With Suggestions for Teachers and Business Presenters.
Lanham, MD: Scarecrow Press, 2005. ISBN-13: 978-0-8108-5212-9. $62.00 (£42.95). See Rowan & Littlefield order page for description and table of contents. Also available from online retailers worldwide.
Naomi Lederer--Publications 2012 to the present
- "Extending Your Reach: Creating Topical Guides Featuring Government Information." DttP: Documents to the People 48.2 (Summer 2020): 7-11. https://doi.org/10.5860/dttp.v48i2.7357
- "Do-It-Yourself Reference." in Envisioning the Future of Reference Trends Reflections and Innovations. Eds. Diane Zabel and Lauren Reiter. Santa Barbara, CA: Libraries Unlimited, 2020. 63-71.
- "What They are Reading: Financial Literacy and Other Topics." Stay Connected [CSU Libraries Newsletter] 29 Summer 2018: 10. [Note: Digital Repository version only.]
- RUSA BRASS Business Reference Sources Committee, “Outstanding Business Reference Sources 2015.”RUSQ 56.2 (2016): 126-30. Selections editor and write up of fifth notable title Worldmark Global Business and Economy Issues (pp 129-30).
- "What They are Reading: Most Popular on the Web." Stay Connected [CSU Libraries Newsletter] 27 Fall 2016: 9.
- "Why Libraries Should Retain a Core Print Reference Collection." The Reference Librarian 57.4 (Fall 2016): 307-22. doi:10.1080/02763877.2016.1145093 Published online 30 Mar. 2016. Those with access to the journal may read it here: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02763877.2016.1145093
- "What They Are Reading: The Curriculum Collection." Stay Connected [CSU Libraries Newsletter] 25 Spring 2016: 9.
- "What They Are Reading: World War I Centenary." Stay Connected [CSU Libraries Newsletter] 24 Fall 2015: 11.
- "What They Are Reading: Casual Reading: Current Awareness Titles." Stay Connected [CSU Libraries Newsletter] 23 Summer 2015: 7.
- “Bringing Money Smart Week to an Academic Library in Colorado.” with Louise Feldmann, Jimena Sagas, Nick Tertel, and Cathy Cranston. Strategic Library 15 (March 15, 2015): 1-7.
- RUSA BRASS Business Reference Sources Committee, “Outstanding Business Reference Sources 2014.” RUSQ 55.2 (2015): 160-4. Write up of third notable title Disaster Recovery, Crisis Response, and Business Continuity: A Management Desk Reference by Jamie Watters (p. 162).
- RUSA BRASS Business Reference Sources Committee. "Outstanding Business Reference Sources 2013." RUSQ 54.2 (2014): 60-5. Write up of third outstanding title Gale Business Insights Handbook of Social Media Marketing edited by Miranda Herbert Ferrara (pp. 61-2) and third notable title Gale Business Insights Handbook of Global Marketing (pp. 63-4).
- "Tips and Suggestions: Research at Colorado State University," In Anderson, Karrin et al. Speech Coursebook. 10th ed. Plymouth, MI: Hayden-McNeil, 2014. 11-14.
- RUSA BRASS Business Reference Sources Committee. "Outstanding Business Reference Sources 2012." RUSQ 53.2 (2013): 183-87. Write up of first outstanding title Making Sense of Business Reference: A Guide for Librarians and Research Professionals by Celia Ross, pp. 183-4.
- "Analysis of Readex’s Serial Set MARC Records: Improving the Data for the Library Catalog." with Daniel Draper. Government Information Quarterly 30.1 (2013): 87-98. doi: 10.1016/j.giq.2012.06.010. Those with access to Science Direct may read it here: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.giq.2012.06.010
- "Interactions: A Study of Office Reference Statistics." with Louise Mort Feldmann. Evidence Based Library and Information Practice 7.2 (2012): 5-19. (Open Access.)
Naomi Lederer--2001-2007 Publications
- RUSA MARS User Access to Services Committee. “An Exploration of the Working Relationship between Systems/IT and Reference/Information Services Staff in an Academic Library Setting.” Reference & User Services Quarterly: The Journal of The Reference and User Services Association (RUSA) 46.4 (Summer 2007): 37-48.
- "Tips & Suggestions: Research at Colorado State University," in Anderson, Karrin. Speech Coursebook. 3rd ed. Fort Collins, CO: Gorgias, Thomson Custom, 2006. 41-3.
- "Tips & Suggestions: Research at Colorado State University," in Anderson, Karrin. Speech Coursebook. 2nd ed. Fort Collins, CO: Gorgias, Thomson Custom, 2004. 41-3.
- "Bilingual Outreach: 'Research for Teens' on an Academic Web Site." with Awilda Reyes, in Kelsey, Paul and Kelsey Sigrid, Eds. Outreach Services in Academic and Special Libraries. Haworth Press, 2003. 141-55. (Co-published with Reference Librarian.)
- "Bilingual Outreach: 'Research for Teens' on an Academic Web Site." with Awilda Reyes. The Reference Librarian 82 (2003): 141-55.
- "Managing the Media during a Library Crisis." with Douglas J. Ernest. American Libraries December 2002: 32-3.
- "Soapbox: The Internet/Web Does Not Have Everything." Academic Exchange Extra (Online only)). January 2002.
- "Tips & Suggestions: Research at Colorado State University," in Anderson, Karrin. Speech Coursebook. Boston: McGraw-Hill Primis, 2002. 35-7.
- "E-mail Reference: Who, When, Where, and What Is Asked," in Su, Di, Ed. Evolution in Reference and Information Services: The Impact of the Internet. Haworth Press, 2001. 55-73. (Co-published with Reference Librarian.)
- "E-mail Reference: Who, When, Where, and What is Asked." The Reference Librarian 74 (2001): 55-73.
Naomi Lederer--20th Century Publications
- "E-mail Reference--When, Where, and What is Asked." Proceedings Internet Librarian 2000. November 6-8, 2000 Monterey, California. Medford, NJ: Information Today, 2000. 90-6.
- "Cool Tools: Making the Right Choices with Tools: Machine Web Evaluation--Does It Agree with Humans?" Proceedings Internet Librarian 2000. November 6-8, 2000 Monterey, California. Medford, NJ: Information Today, 2000. 83-9.
- "Researching Speeches," in Burgchartdt, Carl R. Ed. Speech Coursebook. 5th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2000. 20-2.
- "Alert! There is a Lack of Privacy on the Web." AEQ (Academic Exchange Quarterly) Fall 2000: 74-5.
- "New Form(at): Using the Web to Teach Research and Critical Thinking Skills." Reference Services Review 28.2 (2000): 130-153.
- "Library Instruction During Disaster Recovery: Why is it Needed?" with Awilda Reyes. In Alire, Camila, ed. Library Disaster Planning and Recovery Handbook. New York: Neal-Schuman, 2000.
- Neely, Teresa, et al. "Instruction and Outreach at Colorado State University Libraries," in Arant, Wendi, and Pixey Ann Mosley Eds. Library Outreach, Partnerships, and Distance Education: Reference Librarians at the Gateway. Haworth Press, 1999. 273-287. (Co-published with Reference Librarian.)
- "Instruction and Outreach at Colorado State University." Teresa Neely et. al. The Reference Librarian 67/68 (1999): 273-87.
- "Is it Information on the Web or a Journal/Magazine Article? A Web Guideline for Teachers." AEQ (Academic Exchange Quarterly) 3.3 (Fall 1999): 67-9.
- "Transition in Managing the Web: Coordination Group to Web Librarian." Proceedings Internet Librarian `98. November 1-5, 1998 Monterey, California. Medford, NJ: Information Today, 1998. 167-71.
- "Internet Librarian '97: The Latest Developments." College & Research Libraries News 59.3 (March 1998): 183-4.
- "Diversity of Learning Styles." The Unabashed Librarian 103 (1997): 24. [Reprint of ACRL Instruction Section forum report found in the Instruction Section Newsletter 14.1 (1997): 3.]
- "Teaching the Library and Electronic Resources on Television," in Leonhardt, Thomas W., ed. LOEX of the West: Teaching and Learning in a Climate of Constant Change. Foundations in Library and Information Science, Vol. 34. Greenwich, CT: JAI Press, 1996.
- "Media Reports a Library Disaster: A Case Study at Colorado State University." with Douglas J. Ernest. June 2000. Digital Repository. Colorado State University Library.
Naomi Lederer--Web Guides, Pages, & Sites
- The TILT Digital Library. The Institute for Learning and Teaching. Colorado State University. Archive 2006.
- How to Do Library Research Web site.
- Research for Teens Web site, with Awilda Reyes. 2002-2018.
- English Language and Literature Web site.
- History Web page. (Updates and additions to previous version.) Original author of all topical pages.
- Topical Art Web Pages.
- Ethnic Studies (original through Spring 2013 items).
- Interdisciplinary Liberal Arts
- Updates of Communication, Speeches, Art Resources, and Apparel Design & Merchandising Resources Web pages. Original creator and author of SP200 (Public Speaking course) Web pages and SPCM200 Public Speaking LibGuide. Co-author of Online Journalism (off of Communication) page.
- Updates of AM250 Pathfinder page; original creator/author of "Subject Headings AM250" and "AM250 Shelf Reserve" (annotated list) pages. Author of Historic Costume (1900-1975) and Quick & Dirty APA Style Guides (5th & 6th editions).
- Books! individually selected print titles by broad topics on Financial Literacy guide.
- Government Information (new arrangement and new, Nov 2015- , content).
Naomi Lederer--Editorial Advisory Board & Contributor
Editorial Advisory Board
- Computer Mediated Communication: Issues and Approaches in Education. Edited by Sigrid Kelsey and Kirk St. Amant. Hershey, PA : Information Science Reference, 2012.
- Annual Bibliography of English Language and Literature (ABELL). Eds. Jennifer Fellows, Bruce T. Sajdak, and James R. Kelley. Hudson Road, Leeds: Maney for the Modern Humanities Research Association, 2003-2015. Volumes 77-89 (Years 2002-2014).
Naomi Lederer--Papers & Presentations
- "Energy & Water Web Guides Featuring U.S. Government Web Sites." 2018 Federal Depository Library Conference. Arlington, VA. October 22, 2018. Slide presentation "Energy & Water."
- "Money Smart Week: Help Consumers of All Ages Improve Their Financial Literacy." with Michael Dowling. American Library Association. Denver, Colorado. February 11, 2018.
- "Topical (& Language Specific) Web Guides Featuring U.S. Government Web Sites." 2017 Depository Library Council Meeting & Federal Depository Library Conference. "Safeguarding Government Information Access for All." Arlington, VA. October 17, 2017. Slide presentation "Topical Web Guides" for conference (most were created as back ups in case Web was down or slow; showed 1-14 and 67-95 at the conference itself).
- "Why Financial Literacy and Why Me?" Money Smart Week Colorado 2017 Kickoff Event. Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, Denver Branch. April 21, 2017.
- "Steaming into the Future by Using what is Available Now on the Web (for Free)." Colorado Association of Libraries (CAL) Paralibrarian Division. "Steaming into the Future: Libraries Transformed." Aurora, Colorado. March 27, 2013.
- "Who's Learning?: Using Library Instruction and Office Statistics to Plan for the Future." with Louise Feldmann. WILU 2011 (Workshop on Instruction in Library Use). "Learning under Living Skies." Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. June 3, 2011.
- "Library Personnel as Talking, Typing, and Texting Advocates." Colorado Association of Libraries (CAL) Paralibrarian Division. "Welcome to the L.U.A.U. Libraries Using Advocacy for Understanding." Aurora, Colorado. March 31, 2010.
- "Privacy and Technology in Libraries: Ethical Challenges and Responses." Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL) Ethics Program. American Library Association Conference. Track: Issues & Updates. New Orleans, Louisiana. June 25, 2006.
- "No One Has Bought It, Shall We? An Experiment in Cooperative Collection Development." with Michael Levine-Clark, Tom Moothart, Joanna Blair, and Ivan Gaetz. Colorado Association of Libraries Conference, "Rockin' with Colorado Libraries--Takin' Care of Business." Denver, Colorado. November 11, 2005.
- "What Libraries Can Do for You in the Digital Age: Locating Resources Internationally." with Alea Henle. Twelfth International Conference on Learning, "Designs for Learning." Granada, Spain. July 12, 2005.
- "The Economics of Communication." Max Planck Institute of Economics. Jena, Germany. May 2, 2005.
- "Research for Teens: A Web Site in English and Spanish." with Awilda Reyes. Colorado Library Association Conference, "CLA 2001 The Final Chapter." Colorado Springs, Colorado. October 27, 2001.
- "E-mail Reference--When, Where, and What is Asked." Internet Librarian 2000. Monterey, California. November 8, 2000.
- "Cool Tools: Making the Right Choices with Tools: Machine Web Evaluation--Does It Agree with Humans?" Internet Librarian 2000. Monterey, California. November 6, 2000.
- "Transition in Managing the Web: Coordination Group to Web Librarian." Internet Librarian `98. Monterey, California. November 2, 1998.
- “New Form(at): Using the Web to Teach Research and Critical Thinking Skills.” Workshop on Instruction in Library Use (WILU ‘98), “Libraries at the Heart of Learning.” Kingston, Ont. Canada. May 22, 1998.
- “Nouvelle formule: utiliser le Web pour enseigner des techniques de recherche et de pensée critique” à l’ Atelier annuel sur la formation documentaire (AAFD ‘98), “La bibliothèque au coeur de l’apprentissage.” Kingston, Ontario, Canada. May 21, 1998 (in French).
- “Teaching the Library and Electronic Resources on Television.” “LOEX” of the West Conference, “Cultivating the Electronic Landscape: Teaching & Learning in a Climate of Constant Change.” Salem, Oregon. June 10, 1994.
- American Library Association (ALA)
- Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
- Reference and User Services Association (RUSA) Secretary 2007-9*
- Government Documents Round Table (GODORT)
*Elected position. Additional committee work, not listed here, was via appointment. Appointments were to ACRL, RUSA, RUSA MARS (now ETS), ACRL IS (was BIS), ACRL LES, and GODORT committees and task forces as member or chair.