Colorado Government Information
State of Colorado Resources
Colorado became the 38th state on August 1, 1876, thus the nickname "Centennial State." The State Legislature is made up of a General Assembly with Representatives (65, elected by district, led by Speaker of the House) and Senators (35, elected by district, led by the President of the Senate). State law is found in the Colorado Statutes Annotated. Citizens may be interested in information supplied by various State Agency Databases.
Selected agencies include:
- Colorado Department of Agriculture.
- Colorado Department of Education.
- Colorado Department of Health Care Policy & Financing.
- Colorado Department of Higher Education.
- Colorado Department of Labor and Employment.
- Colorado Department of Military and Veterans Affairs.
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.
- Colorado Department of Natural Resources.
- Colorado Department of Transportation.
- Colorado Energy Office.
Search for Colorado State publications here:
Colorado State Agency Databases
"This is an annotated list of databases produced by Colorado State Agencies listed by database subject." As of January 2017 topics are:
- About Colorado
- Agriculture & Food Sources
- Business, Finance & Economy
- Community & Social Services
- Crime, Criminal Justice & Law Enforcement
- Earth & the Environment
- Government Agencies & Elected Officials
- Government Finances & Contracts
- Health, Medicine & Safety
- History, People & Culture
- Jobs & Unemployment
- Laws, Legislative Materials, and Legal Issues
- Military & Veterans
- Recreation, Travel & Tourism
- Science & Technology
- Statistics, Data & Mapping/GIS
- Voting & Elections
Other Colorado Resources
Information about Colorado's past and present: people, places, events, and things. Entries are arranged by themes (Origins, Diversity, Community, Ecology, Political Economy, and Place), maps, and timelines.
Features current and historical information.
Ask Me about
- Finding articles, books, and more
- Library Instruction
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1019