Open Access Research & Scholarship (OARS) Fund
Read & Publish
CSU Libraries has several "Read & Publish" agreements that will cover article processing charges for authors:
- Cambridge University Press: Any CSU “corresponding author” can publish in any Cambridge OA/hybrid journal without paying any Article Processing Charges (APCs). Over 90% of the Cambridge journals list fall into these categories, so there are very few Cambridge journals that do not accept OA submissions.
- WIley: Wiley. The agreement covers APCs for primary research and review articles published by corresponding authors affiliated with CSU. To qualify, articles must be published open access in a hybrid journal and must have been accepted on or after January 1, 2022.
For more information about CSU's Read & Publish agreement or to see if a journal is participating in a Read & Publish program, please contact:
Copyright & Scholarly Communications Librarian
Open Access Discounts
Many open access discounts are available due to CSU Libraries subscriptions and organizational memberships.
- American Chemical Society http://acsopenaccess.org/
- ACS AuthorChoice – With this option, articles published in ACS journals will be made openly available upon publication. All CSU affiliates receive a discount on open access author fees due to CSU Libraries’ “All ACS Publications” subscription, and personal ACS members receive additional discounts.
- ACS Author Rewards - Each article published in ACS journals during 2014 qualifies the published corresponding author for ACS Author Rewards credit. Credits issued under this program( $1,500 per publication), may be used to offset article publishing charges and any ACS open access publishing services of the author’s choosing.
- eLife http://www.elifesciences.org/
is a unique collaboration between funders and practitioners of research to communicate influential discoveries in the life and biomedical sciences in the most effective way. It is a joint initiative of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, the Max Planck Society, and the Wellcome Trust.
- BioMed Central http://www.biomedcentral.com/
CSU’s institutional subscription entitles CSU affiliates to a 15% discount on the article processing charge for articles submitted to any BioMed Central, Chemistry Central, PhysMath Central or Springer Open journals.
- PeerJ https://peerj.com/
PeerJ is an Open Access, peer-reviewed, scholarly journal that considers articles in the Biological Sciences, Medical Sciences, and Health Sciences. Only research articles are considered for publication, and they evaluated on an objective determination of scientific and methodological soundness. CSU Libraries has established an institutional membership to PeerJ, which will pay the basic membership costs for the first 40 CSU authors whose articles are accepted for publication the journal. This membership will belong to the author, even if they leave Colorado State University.
- Sage Open http://sgo.sagepub.com/
SAGE Open is a peer-reviewed, open access journal that publishes original research and review articles on topics that span the full spectrum of the social and behavioral sciences and the humanities. CSU Libraries has purchased 15 publication fee vouchers that may be used by CSU affiliates seeking to publish in this journal.
Questions about the OARS Fund or the application process?
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1019