Open Access Research and Scholarship (OARS) Fund
Apply for OARS Funds (01/15/2019)
The Open Access Research and Scholarship (OARS) Fund exists to provide support for and encourage open access publishing among faculty at Colorado State University. The fund will reimburse 50% of open access processing fees up to $1500 per article. Applications will be accepted until the allocated OARS funds are committed.
Note: The timeline for OARS funding has changed. Documentation of article submission must be provided within 2 months of an approved application or the funds will be reallocated.
Please read the following information and click on the link at the bottom to apply for OARS funding.
Applicant must be a CSU tenured/tenure track faculty member or a full-time research scientist.
Applicant must be listed as an author, and the article must indicate CSU affiliation.
- The article must be forthcoming or published after May 1, 2016.
- The article should be ready to submit for publication. Documentation of article submission must be provided within 2 months of an approved application or the funds will be reallocated.
- Journals must be fully open access and should be listed in the DOAJ: Directory of Open Access Journals. In cases where a journal does not meet these criteria, please briefly explain why the journal is an appropriate venue, given the discipline.
- Articles published in commercial journals will not be eligible for funding, even if the journal has an open access option or makes articles open access 6-12 months after the initial publication date to fulfill federal mandates.
- Reimbursement will not cover the cost of reprints, color illustrations, non-OA page charges, etc.
- Articles that are supported by a gift or grant from a foundation, institution or agency that allows granted funds to be used for article processing fees are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Authors must apply for reimbursement via the Open Access Research & Scholarship (OARS) form. Documentation of article submission must be provided within 2 months of an approved application or the funds will be reallocated.
- The application for funding can be made at any time, although reimbursement will not be processed until the author has been invoiced.
- All reimbursement is on a first come, first served basis until the funding is exhausted.
- A decision for funding support will be communicated to the author within 5 working days of submission.
- The author must deposit the article into CSU’s digital repository within 6 months of publication. Authors should review journal criteria to ensure they are complying with copyright.
Questions about the OARS Fund or the application process?
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1019