@ Your Library
Celebrate your freedom by being informed and exercising your right to vote in this year's election. Libraries play a vital role in democracy by providing a means for all citizens to discover information about the issues that are important to each of us.
This guide is intended to help you to start your discovery. If you need more information, please visit us or contact us at the library.
Use this as a reference guide only. Always refer to the Colorado Constitution, Revised Statutes, and Secretary of State Rules for applicable provisions. A complete statewide election calendar is available from the Colorado Secretary of State's Office.
Are you going to vote?
In this year's election, will you be exercising your right as a United States citizen to vote for your local, state and national officials?
- Be a U.S. Citizen.
- Be 18 years old on or before the date of the election in which you want to vote.
- Reside in Colorado at least 22 days before the election.
- Register to vote:
- by mail no later than 22 days before the election.
- on line at www.govotecolorado.com. Your application must be submitted no later than 8 days before an election.
- in person at a county voter registration offce or Voter Service and Polling Center at any time, including election day.
Am I Registered in Colorado?
You can double check that you are registered to vote in Colorado and ready for the election! Check out their website here: https://www.sos.state.co.us/voter-classic/secuVoterSearch.do?transactionType=voterSearch
If you plan to vote in Larimer County, check out their web site full of excellent information!
The Larimer County Elections site makes sample ballots available that includes the ballot issues for this year's election. For more information, see the box to the right.
For More Information
For more information regarding the upcoming Election, please contact the Larimer County Elections Department at (970) 498-7820.