- Colorado State University Libraries
- Research Guides
- Career and Networking
Free online resources
- Resources for StudentsSource: American Psychological Association
- Careers in PsychologySource: American Psychological Association
- The Non-Academic Career PathSource: American Psychological Association
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Psychologists (and similar occupations)An annually updated resource from the U.S. Department of Labor.
- CareerOneStop:Occupation Profile: Psychologist (Colorado)Source: U.S. Department of Labor
- Non-Academic CareersSource: American Psychological Association
Associations, Organizations and Societies
- Association for Psychological Science (APS)Click on "Psychology Links" on the APS home page to see an extensive list of other organizational links
- Majoring in Psychology: Achieving Your Educational and Career Goals"With coverage of important preparatory issues and the key psychology subfields... provides undergraduate students with clear, concise, research-based information on strategies to begin a successful undergraduate career in psychology."
- The Portable Mentor: Expert Guide to a Successful Career in Psychology"Written for students and early career psychologists... a professional development handbook with practical guidelines and suggestions for mastering virtually every professional task encountered during the first decade of a career in psychology."
- Thinking of Becoming a Counselor?"This book explores the journeys of self-discovery that prompted the pioneering practitioners to direct their skills in particular ways and the influence exerted by their backgrounds, ambitions, and personal histories. The overall objective is to help intending therapists to arrive at an understanding of the inner resources they will need to embark on a counselling career, and to help them determine which approach might best accord with their temperament and lifetime’s experience. The strategies these practitioners devised are investigated, and case studies used to demonstrate how the different modalities are applied, and how clients may benefit from them."
- Scholarships, fellowships, and loans a guide to education-related financial aid programs for students and professionals."Provides comprehensive information on sources of education-related financial aid sponsored and administered by private organizations and companies. Covers a variety of programs in all educational areas, including area and ethnic studies, business, computer science, education, liberal arts, medicine, physical sciences, theology and religion, and more. Intended for students and others interested in education funding."
- Specialty Competencies in Organizational and Business Consulting Psychology"Presents methods, strategies, and techniques for conducting day-to-day practice in organizational and business consulting psychology."
Grants, Scholarships & More
- Financial Aid for StudentsCSU Student Financial Services information for types of financial aid available.
- Grants for Researchers & OrganizationsLinks to over 100 places to find funding for research in a variety of subjects.
- Mailing Lists: ListservsContains listservs for all subject areas.
Ask a Librarian
Ask Us About:
- Finding articles, books, & more
- Using library resources
- Citing your sources
Subjects: Accounting, Agriculture, Anthropology, Art, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Citation Style Guides, Communication & Journalism, Company Information, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Construction Management, Design & Merchandising, Diversity & Inclusion, Economics, Education, Engineering, English, Environmental Sciences & Sustainability, Ethnic Studies, Finance, Food Science & Human Nutrition, Forestry & Rangeland Science, Geosciences, Government Publications (US), Grants, Health & Exercise Science, History, Human Development & Family Studies, Human Dimensions of Natural Resources, Industry Information, International Business, International Development, Investments, Languages & Linguistics, Law, Marketing, Math/Statistics, Medical & Health Sciences, Music, Theater & Dance, Natural Resources, Newspapers & News Sources, Occupational Therapy, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Primary Sources, Psychology, Public Health, Social Work, Sociology, Statistical & Data Sources, Taxation, Veterinary Medicine, Water, Women's Studies
URL: https://libguides.colostate.edu/psychology | Print Page
Subjects: Psychology, Social Sciences/Human Studies