Social Work Research Resources
Welcome! I hope that you find this guide useful as you undertake course assignments and research. If you are new to using the CSU Libraries, you may also find this two-page summary (PDF) helpful.
- Building and Help Desk hours.
- Research help Ph. 970.491.1841.
- Computer/software help Ph. 970.491.7276.
Your library accounts.
For full access to library resources:
- You will need to know your eID eName and ePassword, to enter when prompted by the Libraries' Web pages.
- You will need access to your two library accounts, described below.
- Your primary, 24/7 library account. Lists the physical items, such as books, that you have borrowed or are waiting to receive.
- Use this account to renew items that are currently checked out to you.
- You will need to create this account. Have handy your CSUID (the last 8 digits of your RamCard barcode, or find it on the first screen that appears when you sign on to RamWeb).
- Have an account but can't remember your username or password? Ph. 970.491.1868 / email firstname.lastname@example.org / IM colostateill (AOL or Yahoo).
- Working as or with a research or teaching assistant?
Faculty may choose to create a separate, joint interlibrary loan account that both they and their research/teaching assistants may use. To do this, the faculty member should create a new account with a username and password that are distinct from those associated with the faculty member's personal interlibrary loan account. The email address that is entered when creating the account can be the faculty member's or the student's (this email address will receive alerts when items requested via the account are available). The faculty member may then share the account username and password with their research and teaching assistants.For questions, please contact interlibrary loan staff (see above).
Off-network access: CSU Secure Access Gateway.
Your eID eName and ePassword are all that you need to access library resources online when your computer is not connected to the campus computer network, however you may like to work by first signing on to the CSU Secure Access Gateway (SSL VPN). Read more about the Secure Access Gateway.
Off-network access for CHHS affiliates: Citrix.
Citrix (formerly eCAHS) is a fabulous resource available to students, faculty, and staff affiliated with the College of Health and Human Sciences (CHHS). It is a Web-based portal that allows access to a virtual desktop. You may use Citrix to access your College of Health and Human Sciences M: drive and other network storage (P, S, X, and W drives) and to use software (Microsoft Office, EndNote, and more) provided by the College.