BUS100 - Introduction to Business
- Search Tip: Type company name or ticker symbol into the Company Search box.
- Financial Information: click on the blue "Financials" tab from your company information page.
Business Source Complete
- Search Tip: Type your company's name into the search box
- Finding Reports: Under "Limit Your Results", then "Publication Type," click on the checkboxes next to the publication types you are looking for.
What's a ticker symbol and why is it helpful?
A ticker symbol is used to identify publicly-traded companies. These can be a combination of letters and numbers. Usually you will see these as 1-5 letters, such as WMT for Wal-Mart, or F for Ford Motor Company.
A company's ticker symbol can be useful in identifying the company you are researching. For example, if more than one company has a similar name, the unique ticker symbol can help.
There are a variety of easy-to-locate resources that can help you find ticker symbols. Google Finance is a good choice. Just type a company name in their search box, and they will give you a list of choices.
Ask Me about
- Finding articles, books, and more
- Library Instruction
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1019