- Colorado State University Libraries
- Research Guides
- HIST 344: Antebellum America
- Finding Background Information
HIST 344: Antebellum America
Finding Background Information
For background information, definitions, and basic facts, consult the following encyclopedias, dictionaries, and sourcebooks listed on this page. All print materials are located in the Reference Collection on the ground floor of Morgan Library. Reference items are for use only in the library. History materials can be found in the C - F sections of the collection. Ask a librarian for help, if needed.
Online Reference Resources
- Cambridge CompanionsA series of authoritative guides, written by leading experts, offering lively, accessible introductions to major writers, artists, philosophers, topics, and periods. Subjects covered include American Studies, Culture, Law, Literature, Management, Music, Philosophy, Religion, and the Ancient World.
- Gale eBooks (Encyclopedias & more)Coverage: Varies
Provides access to encyclopedias, almanacs, and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research.
- Oxford ReferenceCoverage: Varies
Online reference product, spanning 25 different subject areas, bringing together 2 million digitized entries across Oxford University Press’s Dictionaries, Companions, and Encyclopedias.
- Encyclopedia of the Antebellum South by James M. Volo; Dorothy Denneen VoloISBN: 0313308861Publication Date: 2000-01-30This comprehensive ready-reference encyclopedia of the history, people, events, places, movements, and issues of the Antebellum South is ideal for student use. Nearly 300 entries, selected for curriculum relevance with the assistance of historians and secondary school library media specialists, are organized alphabetically and thoroughly cross-referenced.
Ask a Librarian
Ask Us About:
- Finding articles, books, & more
- Using library resources
- Citing your sources
Subjects: Accounting, Agriculture, Anthropology, Art, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Citation Style Guides, Communication & Journalism, Company Information, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Construction Management, Design & Merchandising, Diversity & Inclusion, Economics, Education, Engineering, English, Environmental Sciences & Sustainability, Ethnic Studies, Finance, Food Science & Human Nutrition, Forestry & Rangeland Science, Geosciences, Government Publications (US), Grants, Health & Exercise Science, History, Human Development & Family Studies, Human Dimensions of Natural Resources, Industry Information, International Business, International Development, Investments, Languages & Linguistics, Law, Marketing, Math/Statistics, Medical & Health Sciences, Music, Theater & Dance, Natural Resources, Newspapers & News Sources, Occupational Therapy, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Primary Sources, Psychology, Public Health, Social Work, Sociology, Statistical & Data Sources, Taxation, Veterinary Medicine, Water, Women's Studies
URL: https://libguides.colostate.edu/hist344 | Print Page
Tags: 344, america, antebellum, us history