CSU Libraries Tutorials & Videos
- Beginner: Research Process TutorialTutorial on the library research process. If you're not sure how to get started, start here!
- Beginner: Keywords TutorialTutorial on how to find and use keywords to start searching for useful sources for your research.
- Beginner: Search Techniques TutorialTutorial on how to use AND & OR to create searches in library databases.
- Advanced: Search Techniques TutorialTutorial on how to use the NOT operator, truncation, phrase searching, and nesting in library databases.
- Advanced: Literature Reviews TutorialTutorial on literature reviews, including what they are, how to find the "literature," and how to start writing.
"About CSU Libraries" Videos
Getting to Know Morgan Library Playlist - Two videos on Morgan Library's spaces and how to find and check out a book.
Library Research Videos
Library Research 101 Playlist - Video playlist by CSU Libraries. What students need to know to get started with college-level library research.
Library Research 102 Playlist - Video playlist by CSU Libraries. Learn more about types of sources, tracking down documents, and organizing sources found.
Citing & Organizing Sources Videos
Citing & Organizing Sources Playlist - Video playlist by CSU Libraries. Learn how to organize and cite sources--important steps in the research and writing process.
Zotero Basics Playlist - Ten videos by CSU Libraries on getting started with Zotero, the free citation management software.
Includes an introduction, how to download, how to gather sources, how to organize and clean sources, how to cite, how to add citation styles, and how to troubleshoot the Microsoft Word plug-in.
Data & Donuts Videos
- Data & Donuts: Open DataSession by CSU Libraries in four parts/videos. Covers common data sharing policies, what to consider when deciding where to share data, and how to prepare data to maximize its impact. Also includes an introduction to sharing data in CSU’s digital repository, Mountain Scholar.
- Data & Donuts: Reproducible ResearchSession by CSU Libraries in three parts/videos. Defines reproducible research, discusses its advantages, and presents some tools that make reproducible research easier.