Aerospace & Military Science
This Web page has links to databases, Web sites, and a list of books related to Aerospace and Military Science.
An index is a systematically arranged list giving enough information for each item to be found. Periodical indexes list articles in magazines, journals, and newspapers. An index of a book lists names and subjects with page references to where they can be found in the book
- Air University Library Index to Military Periodicals
Link to index, with coverage extending back to 1990. Partial full text.
- Academic Search Premier
Broad-based index with some full text articles; some of the periodicals are defense related.
- Public Affairs Information Service (PAIS)
Covers selected books, government publications, and articles related to policy issues. No full text.
Here is a list of web sites specific to aerospace & military science.
- Center of Military History
- U.S. Air Force
- U.S. Army
- U.S. Coast Guard
- U.S. Navy
- Jane's Information Group
Many full-text links to current topics.
- U.S. Marine Corps
Major Print Sources
Here is a list of print sources available to you from the library.
- Defense and Foreign Affairs Handbook. Annual. UA10 .D43 Ref
Very detailed discussion of defense forces by country, with strength listings.
- Directory of U.S. Military Bases Worldwide. UA26 .A26 1998 Ref
Contact information, background, unit stations, and history are included for most installations.
- Encyclopedia of the American Military. Three volumes. UA23 .E56 Storage
Lengthy articles on the past and contemporary American military.
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military History. D25 .D86 1993 Ref
Describes campaigns and battles alike, with historical context.
- International Military and Defense Encyclopedia. Six volumes. U24 .I58 Storage
Lengthy articles, covering past and present, with an international scope.
- Jane's All the World's Aircraft. Annual. TL500 .J3 Oversize
Includes both civilians and military aircraft.
- SIPRI Yearbook. Annual. UA10 .I55
Covers strategic topics, armaments, disarmament, and international security.
- Statesman's Year Book. Annual. JA51 .S7 Ref
Brief strength listings for military services in each country.
- Strategic Survey. Annual. U162 .S77 Bound Journals CSU has selected years only.
Articles, maps, and statistics on the world strategic situation.
- World Military and Social Expenditures. UA17 .W67 1996 Ref
Statistical comparisons and rankings.
Colorado State University
1019 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1019