Style Guides for Bibliographies
APA Style Guide to Electronic Resources, 6th Ed.
In Morgan Library
APA Resources Online
Help at CSU
- Writing@CSU - Set up an account to use online bibliography tool.
- Writing@CSU - Citation Guide: American Psychological Association (APA)
More online resources:
- Quick & Dirty APA 6th ed. Reference and citation within text examples
- APA (6th ed.)--Formatting and Style - Nova Southeastern University
- The Owl at Purdue - APA Formatting and Style Guide
- Learning APA Style - tutorials, FAQs, and resources from the APA
- APA Style Blog - APA's official blog site for APA Style
Did you know...?
Did you know...?
- Some Research Databases will format your citations in a specific style, such as MLA, APA or Chicago.
Check for this option when saving, printing or emailing citations.
- EndNote is available from every patron computer station in Morgan Library
Click here to learn more.
The APA Blog
APA Style experts and guests tackle a variety of topics each week in the APA Style Blog.
Tutorials & Guides
Publish, Not Perish: The Art & Craft of Publishing in Scholarly Journals (online)
A an informative tutorial, open to all. To begin, simply indicate your institutional affiliation and status.
Online directories to assist authors in identifying publishing opportunities. CSU Libraries subscribes the following directories: Educational Curriculum & Methods, Educational Psychology & Administration, Educational Technology & Library Science, and Psychology & Psychiatry.
Look up a DOI
Need to identify a DOI? CrossRef.org's Simple Text Query web site allows you to enter citations and easily locate existing DOIs. (Note: Users have to register with a valid e-mail address first.)
What is a DOI?
A digital object identifier, or DOI, is a unique code assigned to each published article that helps to identify and manage the article online. The APA style guide now requires the inclusion of the DOI when you cite a periodical (assuming that a DOI is available). Some brief examples are below; for complete citation guidelines, consult the official "Publication Manual of the APA."
PERIODICAL WITH A DOI:
Cleary, A., & Reyes, N. (2009). Scene recognition without identification. Acta Psychologica, 131, 53-62. doi:10.1234567890
PERIODICAL WITH NO DOI AVAILABLE:
Silick, T.J., & Shutte, N. S. (2006). Emotional intelligence and self esteem mediate between perceived early parental love and adult happiness. E-Journal of Applied Psychology, 2(2), 38-48. Retrieved from http://ojs.lib.swin.edu.au/index.php/ejap
Colorado State University
1019 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1019