- Colorado State University Libraries
- Research Guides
- Databases and Journals
For further databases: A-Z Databases > Psychology
Off Campus Journal Access: Quick Tips
PsycINFO (1887-present) Citations and summaries in the field of psychology and the psychological aspects of related disciplines published in peer-reviewed journal articles, book chapters, books, dissertations, and technical reports.
- Sample search
- Advanced search
- Using the Methodology limiter
- How (and why) to use the Thesaurus
- Finding three peer-reviewed empirical articles
Click here for topic-specific research guides on:
Behavioral Economics, Child Development, Computers & the Internet, Education, Feminism, Forensics, Gerontology, Grief & Trauma Counseling, Integrative Medicine, Law & Criminal Justice, Management, Marketing & Advertising, Military Psychology, Neuroscience, Nursing, Nutrition, Public Health, Religion & Spirituality, Sexuality & Gender Identity, Social Work.
Basic mechanics for efficient search statements
Core principles for creating efficient search statements that are applicable in virtually any database.
|Each result contains all search terms.||Each result contains at least one search term.||Results do not contain the specified terms.|
|The search heart and lung finds items that contain both heart andlung.||The search heart or lung finds items that contain either heart or items that containlung.||The search heart not lung finds items that contain heart but do not containlung.
- Wildcard (#): The “#” replaces any extra characters that may appear in alternative spellings. For example, “colo#r” finds both color and colour.
- Wildcard (?): The “?” replaces one character, for example “ne?t” finds neat, nest, or next, but will not find net.
- Truncation (*): The “*” replaces any number of characters and will find all forms of a word root, for example, “therap*” finds therapy, therapies, therapist, therapists, therapeutic, therapeutically, etc.
Ask a Librarian
Ask Us About:
- Finding articles, books, & more
- Using library resources
- Citing your sources