CO150 - College Composition
Selecting & Using Keywords Video
Search Stategies Examples
View the following examples of breaking down your topic into searchable terms:
1. Keywords, Broader terms, Narrower terms
Use a variety of keywords to describe your topic. If you begin your research by using reference materials such as encyclopedias, you will often run across vocabulary to describe your topic that you may not have thought of on your own. Use this worksheet to help you brainstorm: http://bit.ly/co150-research-topic "
- global warming" OR "climate change" - items in quotes are searched as phrases
- alternative fuel OR ethanol OR hydrogen OR carbon dioxide OR emissions
- "war on drugs"
- "interpersonal relationship*"
- "climate change"
- flood* → flood, floods, flooded, flooding
- econom* → economy, economic, economical
- psycholog* → psychology, psychological, psychologist
- (television OR TV) AND (women OR female*)
- "war on drugs" AND Mexico AND United States
- dolphins NOT football
Office Hours calendar: https://libguides.colostate.edu/kristynowak