CO150 - College Composition
Before you come to the library
Work through this tutorial before coming to the library session. Concentrate on the 'Begin Research,' 'Knowledge Cycle,' and 'Find Articles' sections.
Write Down Your Research Topic
Come prepared with a topic so you can get started with your research right away! Write it down or use this worksheet to get started: http://bit.ly/co150-research-topic
Goals of the CO150 Library Research Orientation
- To recognize how & where to get research assistance
- To introduce (or reinforce) the distinctions between popular & scholarly sources
- To be introduced to the library database, Academic Search Premier
- To learn search strategies and techniques
- Generating and discovering new search terms
- Combining search terms with AND, OR, and NOT
- Using truncation *
Colorado State University Morgan Library Tour
Find us on Facebook
Like Your Library!
New resources, services, photos and more!
Two icons on this page were used with a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC BY 3.0) license from GLYPHICONS.com.