EndNote is a citation management software that helps you collect and organize reference (citation) data for books, articles, and other resources that you use in your research.
With EndNote you can:
- Collect and organize citations in groups
- Attach and annotate PDFs
- Produce a formatted bibliography
- Cite While You Write in a Word document to insert, update, and maintain citations in a wide variety of styles (APA, MLA, etc)
- Share libraries or groups of references with other research collaborators
EndNote works with both Macintosh and Windows, but not Linux. Find training guides and videos that match your operating system and version of EndNote.
There are two version of EndNote. Learn more about how to access either version.
- EndNote Desktop (paid license)
- EndNote Basic / Online (free)
EndNote is just one of several citation managers. Pick the option that works best for you!
If you would like classroom instruction, a training workshop or one-on-one assistance with EndNote, contact Anna Ferri: Anna.Ferri@colostate.edu.