- Colorado State University Libraries
- Research Guides
- Inclusive Excellence
- First Generation & Low-Income
- The First-generation Student Experience: Implications for Campus Practice, and Strategies for Improving Persistence and Success by Jeff DavisCall Number: E-bookPublication Date: 2010
- First-Generation College Students by Lee Ward; Michael J. Siegel; Zebulun Davenport; Ward Ward; hael J. Siegel; ulun DavenportCall Number: E-bookPublication Date: 2012
- Higher Education and First-Generation Students: Cultivating Community, Voice, and Place for the New Majority by Rashné Rustom JehangirCall Number: LC4069.6 .J44 2010Publication Date: 2011
- Rewarding Strivers by Century Institute Staff; Richard D. KahlenbergCall Number: LC4069.6 .R48 2010Publication Date: 2010
- Increasing College Opportunity for Low-Income Students by The Executive The Executive Office of the PresidentCall Number: PREX1.2:C 68/2Publication Date: 2014
Subject Headings in the Libraries Catalog
- First-generation college students -- United States
- Low-income students -- Education (Higher) -- United States
- People with social disabilities -- Education (Higher) -- United States
Ishitani, T. T. (2016). First-generation students' persistence at four-year institutions. College And University, 91(3), 22-32.
Petty, T. (2014). Motivating first-generation students to academic success and college completion. College Student Journal, 48(2), 257-264.
Sanacore, J., & Palumbo, A. (2016). Graduating from college: The impossible dream for most first-generation students. International Journal Of Progressive Education, 12(2), 23-33.
Stebleton, M. J., & Soria, K. M. (2012). Breaking down barriers: Academic obstacles of first-generation students at research universities. Learning Assistance Review, 17(2), 7-20.
First Generation [documentary]. (2015). Youtube.
Preparing Students for the Culture of College: JoAnn Myers at TEDxABQED. (2016). Youtube.
(Un)Privileged: The Cost of Being Poor at An Elite Institution [documentary]. (2016). Youtube.
Chat Hours: Mondays 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Ask Me About
- Finding articles, books, & more
- Information creation tools
- Information literacy instruction