How to Do Library Research
Minorites (United States of America)
The listed books are in Morgan Library stacks.
African-American Almanac. Detroit, MI Gale, 2003.
E 185.5 .N385 2003 Morgan
- African American Biography. 4 vols. USA: UXL (Gale), 1994.
E 185.96 .A44 1994 Morgan
- African American Encyclopedia. 8 vols. New York: Marshall Cavendish, 1993-1997.
E185 .A253 1993 (vols. 1-6) Morgan E 185 .A2532 1997 (vols. 7-8) Morgan
- African American Women A Biographical Dictionary. New York Garland, 1993.
E185.96 .A45 1993 Morgan
- Burkett, Randall K. ed. Black Biography 1790-1950: A Cumulative Index. 3 vols. Alexandria: Chadwyck-Healey, 1991.
E 185.96 .B494 1991 Morgan. First section of Volume 3 lists bibliographic citations for sources mentioned in Volumes 1-2.
- Haskins, James. Distinguished African American Political and Governmental Leaders. Phoenix, AZ: Oryx, 1999.
E185.61 .H359 1999 Morgan
- Hawkins, Walter L. African American Biographies. Jefferson, NC: McFarland, 1994.
E185.96 .H382 1992 & 1994 Morgan. Profiles of 558 (Vol. 1) and 332 (Vol. 2) men and women.
- Hine, Darlene Clark, ed. Black Women in America: An Historical Encyclopedia. 2 vols. Brooklyn, NY: Carlson, 1993.
E 185.86 .B542 1993 Morgan
- Contemporary Black Biography. 79 vols. Detroit: Gale, 1992-2010.
E 185.96 .C66 Morgan
- Notable Black American Men. Detroit Gale, 1999.
E185.86 .N68 1999 Morgan
- Notable Black American Women. 3 vols. Detroit: Gale, 1992, 1996, 2003.
E 185.96 .N68 1992 Morgan
- Salley, Columbus. The Black 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential African-Americans, Past and Present. New York: Citadel, 1993.
E 185.96 .S225 1993 Morgan
- Smith, Sande, ed. Who's Who in African-American History. New York: Smithmark, 1994.
E 185.96 .W46 1994 Morgan
- Who's Who Among African Americans. New York: Gale, 1980- . (Earlier editions entitled Who's Who Among Black Americans.)
E 185.96 .W52 1996-99 Morgan 2005- available WWAAonline to CSU affiliates (link is to 2011 edition).
This book is located in Morgan Library Reference.
Hall, Loretta. Arab American Biography. 2 vols. Detroit : U.X.L., 1999.
E184.A65 H35 1999 REF
The following are Reference books found in Morgan Library.
Distinguished Asian Americans: A Biographical Dictionary. Westport, CT: Greenwood, 1999.
E 184 .O6 D57 1999 Morgan and DAAonline to CSU affiliates
- Distinguished Asian American Business Leaders. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 2003.
HC102.5.A2 H56 2003 REF
- Lives of Notable Asian Americans: Business, Politics, Science. New York: Chelsea House, 1995.
E 184 .O6 R34 1995 Morgan
- Notable Asian Americans. New York: Gale, 1995.
E 184 .O6 N67 1995 Morgan
- Who's Who Among Asian Americans. Detroit: Gale, 1994.
E 184 .O6 W47 1994/95 Morgan
- Asian American Biography. 2 vols. New York: Gale, 1995.
E 184 .O6 A85 1995 Morgan. Has index by profession.
The books listed here can be found in Morgan Library Reference.
- Dictionary of Hispanic Biography. New York: Gale, 1996.
CT 1345 .D53 1996 REF
- Hispanic American Almanac: A Reference Work on Hispanics in the United States. 2nd ed. Detroit : Gale, 1997.
E 184 .S75 H557 1997 Morgan
- The Latino Encyclopedia. 6 vols. New York: Marshall Cavendish, 1996.
E 184 .S75 L357 1996 Morgan
- Notable Hispanic American Women. 2 vols. Detroit: Gale, 1993.
E 184 .S75 N68 1993 & 1998 REF
- Notable Latino Americans: A Biographical dictionary. Westport, CT: Greenwood, 1997.
E 184 .S75 M435 1997 REF
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of Latinos and Latinas in the United States. 4 vols. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2005.
E184.S75 O97 2005 Morgan and IELLonline to CSU affiliates
- Who's Who Among Hispanic Americans 1991-92. Detroit: Gale, 1991.
E184.S75 W56 3d 1994/95 REF
Here are a few volumes that can be found at the Morgan Library.
Meier, Matt S. Dictionary of Mexican American History. Westport, CT : Greenwood, 1981.
Z 4485 Storage Access
- Meier, Matt S. Mexican American Biographies: A Historical Dictionary 1836-1987. New York: Greenwood, 1988.
E 184 .M5 M454 1988 Morgan
Most of the books listed here are found in Morgan Library stacks.
- Henkes, Robert. Native American Painters of the Twentieth Century: The Works of 61 Artists. Jefferson, NC: McFarland, 1995.
E98.P23 H46 1995 Morgan
- Notable Native Americans. New York: Gale, 1995.
E 89 .N67 1995 Morgan
- Johansen, Bruce E. The Encyclopedia of Native American Biography: Six Hundred Life Stories of Important People from Powhatan to Wilma Mankiller. New York Henry Holt, 1997.
E89 .J69 1997 Morgan
- Malinowski, Sharon, and Simon Glickman, eds. Native North American Biography. 2 vols. New York: Gale, 1996.
E 89 .N38 1996 Morgan. Lists names by tribal groups/nations. Has index by profession.
- Markowitz, Harvey, ed. American Indian Biographies. Pasadena, CA: Salem, 1999.
E89 .A46 1999 Morgan and AIBonline to CSU affiliates
- Native American Women: A Biographical Dictionary. New York Garland, 2001.
E98.W8 B38 2001 Morgan
- St. James Guide to Native North American Artists. Detroit St. James, 1998.
E98.A7 S8 1998 REF
- Waldman, Carl. Who Was Who in Native American History: Indians and Non-Indians from Early Contacts through 1900. New York: Facts on File, 1990.
E 89 .W35 1990 Morgan