CSU Archives and Special Collections

CSU Buildings and Grounds History

A history of CSU's building and grounds from 1870 to the present.

Insectary/Insectary and Environmental Building, 1967-

From CSU's Sense of Place:  A Campus History of Colorado's Land-Grant University, by James E. Hansen, Gordon A. Hazard, and Linda M. Meyer.  Fort Collins, CO:  Colorado State University, 2018.

Built in 1967 on a site that had been part of the old CAC sheep pens, this $51,000 facility has housed offices and a small greenhouse dedicated to raising insects for scientific research. Its recent renovations have provided quarters for the new Department of Plant Growth Facilities, which offers teaching, research, and extension services. Its many duties include greenhouse administration as well as inte­grated insect and plant health management.

Sources by Gordon A. Hazard

“Long Range Development Program”, Report to the Colorado State Planning Commission, March 1952.

CSU Collegian, March 10, 1967, page 3, vol. LXXV, number 79.

“A History of Colorado State University 1870 – 1974”, by James E. Hansen II, 1974.

State Board of Agriculture Minutes, March 27, 1981, page 5-2.

Rocky Mountain Collegian, November 8, 1994, page 3, vol. 103, number 72.

Rocky Mountain Collegian, December 1, 1994, page 5, vol. 103, number 84.

“Visionary Leadership, the Memoirs of William E. Morgan”, page 96, by Connie Pheiffenberger, 2005.

Your Librarian

Profile Photo
Vicky Lopez-Terrill
she/her/hers
Contact:
Vicky Lopez-Terrill
Colorado State University Libraries
Archives and Special Collections
Room 202
970-491-1466
Social: Twitter Page

24/7 Library Help

24/7 Library Help

Connect with library staff via chat, email, phone or text.

URL: https://libguides.colostate.edu/campus_building_histories | Print Page